What is The Gettysburg Leadership Experience (The Experience)?
Military, corporate and academic leaders have long been using old battlefields as a source of insights into contemporary leadership challenges. New Haven Consulting Group has developed a seminar to apply this method at Gettysburg. Our management consultants work with clients to develop appropriate learning objectives to tailor this unforgettable learning experience.
Who Should Attend The Experience?
Everyone from first-line supervisors to corporate board members has praised the effectiveness of these seminars. The most powerful learning occurs when a leader brings her/his team—often including clients and suppliers as well as direct reports.
Topic Areas Covered in The Experience
Topic areas are tailored to each client’s needs, but can include:
- Building and sustaining leadership teams
- Communicating and understanding intent
- Power of focused training
- Dealing with risk and crisis—the impact of chance and the unexpected
- Power of leadership and learning
- Engaging and motivating your team through difficult times
- Appreciate the value of ‘scouting’ to seek opportunities
What Are the Outcomes of The Experience?
At the conclusion of The Experience, participants will:
- Have a stronger team through the shared experience
- Improve appreciation of the importance of planning
- Gain new insights into the advantages associated with mastering new technologies
- Develop a dramatic new understanding of the importance of succession planning