What Is “The Experience”?
Adults learn best by doing, and “The Experience” is all about doing. Participants spend three days assessing, understanding, applying and learning all about their leadership qualities – the strengths and the weaknesses. They, as leaders in their organization, will face challenges on “The Experience” related to Vision, Alignment, and Execution – the work of all successful leaders.
In a series of team activities, participants are placed in personally challenging situations where their capabilities as leaders are tested and proven. Participants leave “The Experience” with a new realization of their own leadership skill set and a plan of action for enhancement.
Who Should Attend “The Experience”?
Every manager, director, and C-level executive in the organization should attend “The Experience”. High potential employees are perfect candidates for “The Experience” since in the near future – they will be leading teams.
In addition, due to the nature of the team activities, intact groups gain great benefit in the team building and leadership understanding – transforming them into a more effective and productive unit.
TOPIC AREAS COVERED IN "THE EXPERIENCE"
Topic areas are tailored to each client’s needs, but can include:
- Building & motivating teams
- Effective communication
- Team & leadership behaviors
- Stress, confusion, & team management
- Engaging and motivating your team in new & challenging situations
What Are the Outcomes of “The Experience”?
- Understand their leadership style, strengths, & weaknesses
- Develop a Personal Action Plan for Leadership Enhancement
- Apply their leadership skills in challenging situations
- Recognize how their leadership style affects team success
- Develop a new set of personal skills
- Experience how to build a highly effective team
- Understand the challenges to team development
- Have a great deal of fun!
The Orvis Leadership & Team Building Experience is offered in 2 locations:
- Orvis Sandanona Shooting Grounds: Millbrook, New York
- Pursell Farms: Sylacauga, Alabama