What is The Leadership Experience @ Key West (The Experience)?
Experiential learning is the best method for adults to learn. Provide them with some context, place them in a simulation and learning naturally occurs. The Experience does just that – provides participants with context through an assessment called Work of Leaders - shows them how those leadership qualities have demonstrated themselves in history - through guided tour and discuss at the Truman Little White House and then places participants in a situation that requires the use of leadership abilities and skills – sailing a 105 foot Schooner America 2.0.
Who Should Attend The Experience?
Everyone from first-line supervisors to corporate board members has praised the effectiveness of these seminars. The most powerful learning occurs when a leader brings her/his team—often including clients and suppliers as well as direct reports.
Topic Areas Covered in The Experience
Topic areas are tailored to each client’s needs, but can include:
- Online Assessment & Personalized Report of the Work of Leaders
- Identifies leadership strengths & weaknesses related to Vision – Alignment – Execution
- Leadership Qualities & Presidential Decisions
- The Truman Little White House
- Expert Historian Tour & Discussion
- The Schooner
- Leadership Experience Sail on America 2.0
- Team Competitions
- Personal Action Planning
What Are the Outcomes of The Experience?
At the conclusion of The Experience, participants will:
- Know personal leadership strengths & weaknesses
- Understand the preferred leadership abilities regarding Vision – Alignment – Execution
- Develop a personal action plan to maximize strengths & minimize weaknesses
- Know how the leadership qualities have affected presidential decisions
- Experience in real time the use (and lack of) leadership abilities
- Receive feedback on performance & use of leadership abilities